This aircraft was constructed in 1959. It was one of three Army helicopters (together with SE-HDE
) that went to Svalbard in 1966. This helicopter, 02202
, got the civil registration SE-HDF
between June and December that year. It was maintained by Svensk Flygtjänst AB.
The helicopter was eventually transferred to the Air Force as 02407
(F7-91) and stationed at F7 as a local rescue helicopter.
Following the retirement of the HKP 2 the aircraft was stored in Såtenäs. It was later adopted by Swedish Air Force Historic Flight - an organization that aims to keep retired air force airplanes airworthy. The group states that G-91 will return to an airworthy state.
It was moved to the Aeroseum Aviation Museum in Gothenburg in 2013.