This aircraft was constructed by Bell Aircraft Corporation (later Bell Helicopter) in 1959. It was purchased by Lapplandsflyg in 1960 and was officially registered SE-HCC
in November the same year. SE-HCC
became the third helicopter in Lapplandsflyg’s fleet (after SE-HCA
The helicopter came to be used by the Swedish Army’s helicopter flight school in Boden from time to time, and it was also in temporary service with the Swedish Police Wing
. The helicopter was involved in four accidents (source Lars E. Lundin), and subsequently restored after each incident: Harsprånget 1965, Härnösand 1965, Boden 1967 and Arvesjaure 1967.
The helicopter spent large parts of its commercial career in northern Sweden, and it was frequently operated at Lapplandsflyg’s bases in Gällivare, Hemavan, Kiruna, Kvikkjokk, Porjus, Storuman and Umeå.SE-HCC
was sold to the Porjus-based company Fiskflyg
in 1981. It was operated for four years before it was retired - replaced by new Jet Rangers. SE-HCC
was returned to Lapplandsflyg and put in storage in early 1985.
Lapplandsflyg rebuilt the aircraft into an airworthy condition between the years 2004-2006. It was registered SE-HCC
in May 2006, after 21 years in storage and 66 years in the country. The company flew the helicopter privately for two years before it was sold to a private owner in 2008.SE-HCC
is one of very few remaining Bell 47s in Sweden, and it is a frequent visitor to occasional air shows and meetings. The aircraft has accumulated roughly 9000 flight hours this far.